Friday, June 4, 2010

The Obligatory Spam Review

So I was working on my blog today, when out of the blue, I received a notice that I was being reviewed for Terms of Service Violations. They asked me for my mobile phone number to verify my identity!

Now, this is an anonymous blog, because we are to have (if it still means anything) constitutional protections which give us freedom of speech, of the press, religion, to peaceably assemble....

We also have rights to be secure in our documents and transactions- this is not simply written person-to-person; the constitution was written "congress shall make no law..." so the government is not allowed to know my private information, is not allowed to know my financial transactions...

Just because we have been living since 1865, in a country that has not respected these things, does not mean we do not have the right to assert them, to claim them, and to vigorously defend them against any and all usurpation.

There are many who blog on many topics- the primary interest of this blog is to write about privacy and to develop strategies to circumvent and obfuscate all attempts by government to breech it. Where this cannot be done entirely, then to make the data they gather worthless.

This is a very noble cause.

No comments: